With the UK having left the EU, and with the transitional period swiftly running out; the Government has released guidance for what Goods Vehicle Operators will need to carry out International Road Haulage as of 1st January 2021. For full details, please follow this link; however the shorthand list is as follows:

  • Make sure to carry the right operator licence
  • Ensure you have the right permits for your journey
  • Make sure to register your vehicle trailer
  • You will need a certificate when transporting an Abnormal load trailer internationally
  • Ensure your driver(s) carry the Vehicle registration documents for their vehicles
  • Ensure that your HGV is ready to cross the border by obtaining a ‘Kent Access Permit’
  • Display a Great Britain (GB) sticker on rear of vehicle and trailer
  • Obtain a ‘Green Card’ as proof of motor insurance for vehicle and trailer when driving abroad
  • Ensure drivers know what to do when involved in a road accident when abroad
  • Make sure your driver knows everything they need to do in order to driving for hire within the EU (Details here)

Leave a comment