The office of the Traffic Commissioners have announced an end to the current maintenance inspection relaxations, which will take effect as of 1st September 2020. The full details can be found here.
The update also includes the following issues:
- An extension of temporary local bus services processes until 4th January 2021
- An increase in the notice period for service variations for Local Authorities from 24 hours to 72 hours in England & Scotland
- Amending a registered local bus service to become a school or work bus service
- The use of additional vehicles on services
Starting from the 1st August 2020, the HGV Levy for UK & Overseas-registered HV’s using the UK Road system will not be required to purchase a levy. This measure has been taken to aid the UK Economies recovery.
Please note: You will still be required to buy a levy up until 31st July 2020 and that DVSA enforcement will continue.
For full details, please review this article released by Gov.uk.
The following is taken from an email circular sent out by the office of the Traffic Commissioners.
The traffic commissioners (TCs) have updated their advice for operators during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
The update issued on 23 June 2020 covers:
- an increase in the maximum period of grace for financial standing from 6 months to 12 months
- the return of in-person tribunal hearings from 6 July 2020
- information about requesting temporary variations to local bus services ahead of a return to normal services as lockdown restrictions ease
- virtual training
Read the TCs’ coronavirus advice for operators
During the current coronavirus pandemic, the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy have been putting out constant advice and guidelines for differing industries on how to return to work safely.
We advice all operators to review the information provided at this link, which deals with Covid-19 and it’s effects on the Transport & Haulage industry.
Originally released on 18th March 2020, and recently updated; the DVSA has released guidance for operators of HGV & PSV Operator Licenses.
This guidance can be read in full at this link.
Originally published on the 14th February 2020, the Department for Transport recently updated their guidance for workers in the Transport Industry.
The read the guidance, please follow this link.
The Offices of the Traffic Commissioners have released the article as a temporary update to the statutory documents no. 2, 3, 4, 9 & 14.
The article overs many topics that can (and will) effect operators in the coming weeks; such as maintenance, finances and staff.
To read the article in full, please follow this link.